Our History

All who seek God and wish to grow in their spiritual life are invited to come and share

Serving the community for more than 60 years.

Christ the King Retreat Center opened in 1952 after purchasing the house and property built by Joseph Lethert in 1921. The Oblates of Mary Immaculate conducted the first retreat on the premises on September 24-26, 1952, after the dedication ceremony conducted by Auxiliary Bishop James Byrne of the Archdiocese of Minneapolis & St. Paul.

An atmosphere of peace and solitude.

Christ the King Retreat Center is located in Buffalo, MN which is located 42 miles northeast of Minneapolis in Wright County. We are located on a bluff overlooking Buffalo Lake which was named after the buffalo fish.

With its tree-covered grounds and beautiful bluff walks, this area provides an atmosphere of peace and solitude, and a sacred place for meditation, reflection and quiet time.